With our latest achievement of receiving our SOC 2 audit report underway, we plan to further the assurance of all schools that Ident-A-Kid maintains the highest standards which are vetted by a third-party auditor. We understand that privacy is one of your top priorities. It’s one of the top priorities for us at Ident-A-Kid as well. In this article, we’re going to cover the steps our team takes to keep all of your data secure and private, while also helping you understand what data we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it.
Ident-A-Kid Data Security Practices
Ident-A-Kid utilizes the best industry security practices with all applicable national privacy policies, including but not limited to: the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (“PPRA”), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), and Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (“SOPIPA”).
These policies make sure that parents have access to their child’s data and that any system the schools use with student data ensures they keep that data secure.
We use some of the most advanced technology for internet security available, such as:
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology, which protects the data using both server authentication and data encryption.
- With strict access policies, firewalls, and private secure bandwidth being in use to ensure that the data is secure and only available to the subscribing school or business.
- To protect our endpoints we use a standard industry SSO authorization to authenticate users within our system and perform daily backups to ensure no data is lost in case the system fails.
- Ident-A-Kid provides quarterly training on new or evolving security threats, changes to security protocols, practices, and changes to the software and hardware for all staff to ensure they handle your data in the most secure way.
To access and use our products, you must create an account that is protected by a username, and password, and have a valid software subscription license. After you create an account you may upload more information and files to enhance your experience. The information you upload is your property and is your responsibility.
If your contact information changes, it is up to you to update the details. You, not Ident-A-Kid, are solely responsible for the management of your account. Ident-A-Kid is not liable for any use on your account. If you believe there has been any unauthorized access to your account, you must notify email@example.com immediately.
Information We Collect
When creating an account, you may be asked to provide Ident-A-Kid with certain personal information about your school’s students and employees, including a user’s name, email address, photo, grade, student or employee ID number, job title, homeroom teacher, and/or password. It could also include parent contact names, parent contact email, and phone numbers if the school chooses to provide that information.
We may also collect personal information based on the use of our services. This includes:
- Visitor/volunteer information for people who check-in at your school
- Device information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, and mobile network information.
- Log information, including details of how a user used our service, and device event information.
- Location information, including IP address, and GPS.
In rare cases, the information we collect may be shared outside of Ident-A-Kid. We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Ident-A-Kid unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- When we have the user’s consent or parents’ consent
- For legal reasons
- Deidentifiable aggregated information to our partners
If you have any questions or concerns about how Ident-A-Kid protects your data, please fill out the form below, and someone from our team will be in contact shortly.